1 Timothy 3:1-7.
This passage may be directed at Bishops but it would be a good set of guidelines for a young man to live by.
1. v. 2. Says to be sober. We as young men should be sober. Sober means to be serious, solemn etc. We should not be foolish or loud, always goofing off, flippant, etc. Some other verses dealing with this subject. 1 Thess. 5:6,8. 1 Peter 1:13, 4:7, 5:8.
2. v.2. Says to be of good behavior. Behavior means Manner of behaving whether good or bad, in conduct, and manners. It is time that we learned to have manners around the table, at the church, in front of ladies and everywhere else. You say manners don't matter much, but they do when you have bad manners it shows almost a disrespect for those around us.
3. v.3. Says not greedy of filthy lucre. This says filthy lucre but it can apply to everything.
The Bible also says to not be greedy in Prov 15:27.
4. v.3. The Bible says to be patient here. We need to learn patience as a young man so we don't need to when we are older. It is a good virtue to learn. It also says it in Eccl. 7:8, Rom. 12:12, 1 Thess. 5:14, James 5:7-8.
5. v .3. The Bible says no not be covetous. You say coveting is a small thing it really doesn't matter to God. It's enough to send someone to hell as we see in 1 Corinthians 6:10. It is also important enough for God to mention it in the Law Exodus 20:17. Some more references Romans 7:7, Ephesians 5:5, 2 Timothy 3:2.
6. v. 7. It says to have a good report of them which are without. Do you have a good good report among your friends, the church people, the lost. Do they know that you are a Christian, and that you are a honest person who can be trusted. Prov. 15:30, Acts 6:3, 10:22, and 22:12. These 2 last places are where people had a good report among others. In Acts 6:3 it was important enough to have men of good report to take care of the widows.
Thanks for taking your time to read this. I should have another one up soon.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
1 Timothy 3:1-7.
Posted by Soldier Of Christ. at 2:01 PM
Sunday, March 8, 2009
My dad preached the morning service today on hell, and Praise the Lord, a boy in our church said he got saved.
Posted by Soldier Of Christ. at 1:48 PM
Saturday, March 7, 2009
We went out Street Preaching today in Panama City Florida. While we were out there we had a Lutheran Pastor come out who thought it was okay to drink alcohol, watch Lord of the Rings, be a Catholic, and still be saved what a laugh. This is so typical of a unsaved man trying to tell us were doing it wrong.
Posted by Soldier Of Christ. at 6:58 PM